How can we help you?
We are a three tikanga service which offers pro-active intensive home visiting support programmes to families with new babies and young children. In addition, we provide parenting courses,parents support groups and early education programmes. All services are confidential and free to whānau.
Is a home visiting programme based on the principle that the first years of a child's life are the most important and helps parents build a loving and nurturing relationship with their tamariki by providing information and education on brain and child development, and child health and safety.
Family Start is a home visiting programme based on building strengths within whānau to improve health, education and social outcomes; assisting parents to improve their parenting ability and supporting parents to improve their personal and whānau circumstances.
- Haakuitanga Haakorotanga is a Māori parenting skills programme (Māori)
- Puawai Mama Mothers Support Group (Māori)
- Incredible Years Parenting Programme (Māori)
- Circle of Security Parenting (Pakeha)
- Mellow Parenting Programmes (Pakeha)
- Lala Mothers Support Group in partnership with Susana Uesile Playgroup (Pasifika)
Is a Te Ao Māori education programme focused on engaging whānau in early learning experiences, using pūrākau and korero-a-iwi to inspire and grow whānau to be the best and first teachers of their tamariki. It includes home visits and group sessions.
This programme is offered by: